I am beyond pleased with the enormous amount of fantastic artists that are coming out with new albums later this year. Wolf Parade, who are one of my favorite bands are close to releasing a new album later this year. In an interview with Exclaim, Dan Boeckner, the bands singer/guitarist shared plenty of details about their 3rd album. The bands about the begin mastering the album which might be a double album. There are 15 potential songs consisting of over 80 minutes of music.
Here are the key point taken from the interview/article:
- If all goes well, the album will be released on June 29th via Sub Pop.
- Keyboardist Hadji Bakara has quit music to pursue a doctorate in English literature at the University of Chicago
- It may become a double LP or a LP and EP, since the band wants to include all the songs they did.
- Boeckner said some of the stuff sounds like really heavy ’80′s coke rock
- Two song titles are “Caveosapian” and “Yulia”
- Most of the stuff was co-written, rather than just Spencer Krug vs. Dan Boeckner songs
For more details, make sure to read the article at Exclaim. It’s a good read!